Top Commenters

𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲

        Hello there, my friend. Here we are at the very place where the beginning of good friendships and memories have blossomed. It already has been a full year since this wonderful community has been created. From the tiny seeds that were planted, came a whole beautiful garden of iridescent flowers, with each of them signifying a beautiful soul here in Avallon. There are so many fun moments and memories to look back on and even lots more to look forward to as we enter a brand new year of opportunities to meet new people and weave more of them. A lot has happened over the past year and I want to reminisce and relive them all with you. It certainly has been a ride for me and I hope it has been as fun and exciting as for you too.

Let me ask you a few questions. Do you believe in destiny? Do you believe about the red string of fate that intangibly connects people’s hearts regardless of time, distance, and even individual differences? Because I do, and that our paths cross one another for various reasons, no matter how small or big the scale is. I know you and I are destined to meet. In fact, every person you have come across in your whole life are the people you were ordained to cross paths with. Despite not everyone you have met and will meet will mark a big difference or make a significant impact in your life. Despite some will choose to go on a journey of their own, leaving no foot trails for you to follow. You as a person have the power to make these meetings bear any meaning. I believe that it is fated that we would all meet each other. All the memories, the emotions, the interactions, and the things we learn and share to the people whom we call friends happened because you chose to be a part of them all.

I am glad you found Avallon. I am grateful that you stayed to be a part of something special, and with you in it, you turned that ‘special’ into ‘phenomenal’. Every memory we will make from the moment here on out, will all be written in the stars.


Avallon, written in the stars.
-
Happy Anniversary Avallon!
THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE!

        I want to thank everyone who joined us in our one year journey as a community. It certainly has been a rollercoaster for me as the owner of this amazing community. All the love and support each one of you show is just the best thing I could ever receive. Having an amazing mod team to back me up when I can't handle things because of my busyness. I could never ask for more. I'll always do my best to preserve and protect the community we all call our home and I will continue to work hard to be able to give back to Avallon. 

Can you imagine? Avallon started out as a pretty small community with a few users only active on our discord server. Those were the times when everyone was pretty close to each other. I opened the chatroom for the people who still prefers Disqus over Discord, and to my surprise, doing so will lead from one thing to another. After a while, we started gaining more new members and it was overwhelmingly amazing how these new faces that would become the reason why Avallon is a community that built itself. It was not me who made all the effort to grow the community but the members themselves. I merely am a keeper in my own perspective. I am a preserver. And I am a protector of peace and harmony of my people. 

Thank you so much for everything we've been through. 


    
    Before we proceed, have I told you that this will be quite the long read? When I sad I'm gonna re-live all the memories with you, I meant it. We, as the moderating team have prepared quite a lot for you guys to enjoy. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the festive fever. The fun is just about to start!

Let's jump back in time and remember all the fun we had together. 

Milestones
Let's start with the milestones we've managed to achieve throughout the whole year! Both Avallon Disqus and Discord server have achieved a pretty impressive milestones as the year progressed after all.
-

Discord Server (3.2M messages in 1 year!)

        Avallon's discord server was first to come before the Disqus chatroom was made. Officially starting on the 11th of December 2020. The server started with no more than 17 founding members. The server eventually grew active and bigger as time went by and has now accumulated 3.2 million messages with 91 members. 

Disqus Chatroom (726k comments and 2M upvotes!)

        Avallon's disqus chatroom was made back in the 12th of April 2021. The first main chatroom only garnered 734 total comments on it's first day and the activity only started to pick up on the start of May 9th when the moderators decided to invite more people in the chatroom lead by Haro and Celina as the most active mods at the time. The chatroom started reaching it's peak on May 31st with 8,901 comments. To this day, the entire chatroom has accumulated 726,611 comments and 2,088,255 upvotes within a span of 8 months.
-

Isn't it amazing how we're able to achieve all these within a year? It shows how active Avallon has been and I'm proud to say that we are one of the most active community out there with quality and quantity.

-

Now that we got that out of the way, it's time to reminisce and share the memes the members have made here in Avallon. Let's have a throwback shall we?

Avallon Meme Lane!

You guys have brilliance in creating these funny memes that everyone had a laugh at. Well then, it's time to move on to the next part of the anniversary! 
---

Wish Upon a Lantern
The next part of the anniversary celebration is where everyone was asked to write off their wishes and messages to be put in a lantern. To set it off to the skies so that everyone's wishes could someday be granted once it touches the stars~.


Have you made your wish? Come and let's set off our lanterns together and see the beauty of the illuminated skies carrying our wishes!


    Isn't it quite magical how one simple place had helped some people get through their toughest times, or how this place have held certain events that could change someone's life? and isn't it quite special that through this very place, we met all sorts of wonderful people you wouldn't normally encounter in your daily life? When even though everything in this place is virtual, the bonds we share as members, as friends, is one of the realest thing we could get.

Well then, I hope you've been blown away by the scenery we all saw. We wanted to make everything feel as much as a real celebration for the first anniversary of Avallon. Let's now move on to the next part of the anniversary!




Comments

Popular Posts